(Companion worksheets to TBN Presents Paul Manwaring)
EPISODE 7. Discovering Purpose
1. There is a purpose for us all. In Jeremiah we read the certainty of this.
2. The task then is not about believing that God has a purpose for our lives but in discovering it for ourselves.
Proverbs 25:2 “It is the Glory of God to conceal a matter but the glory of Kings (that’s us) to search it out.”
3. The sense of purpose is essential for our lives. The connection between knowing God and knowing who we are is the essential component in our discovery journey.
4. Our world of change, choices & opportunity, secularisation, and social media has made this more important but perhaps also more complex.
5. A Discovery Chart: The attached chart is designed to help you to discover what is hidden in your life story. The goal is to begin to see recurring themes and to ask questions about how you can pursue the convergence of these themes in your life.
BIG WORD of the week: Discovery is finding what is already there, hidden for us to find.
QUESTION of the week: What themes were revealed in the discovery chart.
DECLARATION of the week: I will discover the glory filled future which God has for my life.