(Companion worksheets to TBN Presents Paul Manwaring)
11. Perseverance, Hope & Purpose
1. At such a time as this we need to know the fruit of perseverance.
2. Roman 5: 3 – 5 contains a wonderful sequence:
Rejoice in our tribulations
Tribulations bring about perseverance
Perseverance produces character
Character leads to Hope
Hope does not disappoint
3. Let us each see this great journey and walk it out in these days.
4. Hope does not disappoint.
5. Proverbs 13: 12. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life.
The meaning of this verse is that it is not the disappointment of not getting what you hoped for which makes you sick, but that it is stopping (deferring) hoping which makes you sick
6. The Apostle Paul wrote Romans after he had lived through great trials, near death, imprisonment, and many other experiences. He learned this truth of perseverance through his life experiences.
BIG WORD of the week: Perseverance
The word from which perseverance is translated is:
Hupomone. The character of a man or woman unswerved from their deliberate purpose and loyalty to faith and righteous living by even the greatest trials and sufferings.
BIG QUESTION of the week: What tests and trials of your life have produced hope?
DECLARATION of the week: I am a releaser of Hope to everyone I meet.